Friday, October 26, 2012

Double Trouble

My sisters twins were born in September and are now a month old!  They are just the sweetest little things and I can't get enough of them!  Since they were born a month early, they had to be in the NICU for a couple weeks.  They got to come home but have been on oxygen since.  Within the last few weeks Jeff has gone on a couple 4 day trips so I flew to Utah and my mom and I spent those days in Mapleton helping my sister out.  It's kinda crazy to think my sister went from a family of 4 to a family of 6!  Crazy crazy!  I can't imagine having twins... it sure is a lot of work! 


Brynlee loves her little sisters and was pleasantly surprised to see two babies brought home instead of one!  

 Bath Time!


 I'm pretty sure Brooke is on the left and Carlie on the right..... I think.  Ha.  
Such tiny little things!


On our first trip down there my mom and sister made lots of fun cookies with the girls.  I love these "owl cookies" that my mom used to make with us when we were little.


With the girls being hooked up to oxygen it is easiest to have them sleep in the living room and when ever you hold/feed them you are tethered to the corner.  We ended up having one big sleepover with the babies in their crib, me on the couch and my mom and Katie on an air mattress on the floor.

On our last trip (just last weekend) we decided to stay an extra day so that Katie and Danny could go to church together in the morning and we would stay home with the babies.  Well it's a really good thing we decided to stay, but they didn't make it to church... they ending up taking Brooke to the ER at one in the morning because her oxygen levels were low.  They were able to go back home  on Sunday afternoon and she is doing better now.

We definitely had our hands full, but we had a great time and I sure miss those precious things!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Come back soon! :)