Monday, July 8, 2013

Rau Family Vacation

Right after our trip to Chicago, Jeff had to go on a 4 day trip.  Then the day he got back we drove up to Midway to meet up with all of my family for a weekend Rau Family vacation!  We stayed at this cute Swiss resort up by The Homestead and crater.  

It was a weekend full of laughter!  We had a great time playing lots and lots of games (of course), volleyball, spikeball, swimming, eating yummy food and plenty of treats.  

 Grandpa's Candy Store

Maridee's sister Kaylee (who is my age and also went to USU) is living with them this summer and got to come up to Midway too!  

The twins first time swimming!  Not so sure about it at first...





The girls eventually warmed up to the idea of swimming and got a kick out of splashing the water (leaving their mom and grandma soaked ha ha)

A family train... with me as the engine!  I was pulling Brynlee around the pool in her floatie and somehow picked up a bunch of hitch-hikers :)


Riding the carousel 

Brynlee kept telling me that she was going to ride a bear... and she ended up on this one.  A wild Boar!  Ha!  She didn't notice the difference :)

I love this one.  Look at the face!  Do you think he liked it?!

Lexie is just growing up so fast... she lost her first tooth that weekend!  And the tooth fairy managed to find her even on vacation :)

The resort had some random goats on their property, and Brynlee had fun feeding them with Jeff!

We also, with the help of Kaylee, took some family pictures that I will post later after I edit them. 

1 comment:

Katie said...

Cute! We'll have to swap pics. I looked but don't see the dropbox we created last time. I didn't delete it though. Am I handicapped??