Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Camping!

So I've had a craving to go camping for the past like five months or so, and I finally got to go!! It was a blast! Last weekend me and a small group of friends drove up to St. Charles, Idaho (by Bear Lake) and camped in porcupine campground for just one night.

We went up to Minnetonka cave and went on a tour through it which was pretty awesome.

Inside the cave

Jess, Kyle, Jenni, and I

We all decided to Model Kyle's hat that he bought on his trip to Asia



There's only one word needed to describe this: Creepster

* Darrell introduced us to a new delicious creation: Banana Boats! You take a banana and slice it down the middle (while still in peel) then dice it and take out some chunks. Fill in the holes with broken up reeses peanut butter cups and marshmallows! Then wrap in tin foil and put in fire for like ten ish minutes. Yum Yum! *

Saturday morning we went to Bear Lake at played in the water and the beach. The water was a little cold at first but was quite refreshing. It was overcast for most of the time we were out there.... and that combined with my stupidness about not wearing sunscreen equals lots and lots pain for me. Both me and my roommate Jessica now have awful awful sunburns that don't appear to be getting any better. My shoulders and back are real bad and it's been pretty miserable. But oh well... maybe THIS time I'll finally learn my lesson, eh?


Darrell and Mackenzie

Building sandcastles on the beach!

Jess and Kyle were convinced that theirs was better than ours... little did they know it wasn't. Ha ha and here they are thinking they are so victorious. Ha ha jk

1 comment:

Cory McFarland said...

That looks like it was amazing! I love Jenni's shirt. that Lake Powell shirt design is awesome! I almost bought a shirt like that when I was in Anchorage, I wish I did now.

I'm glad you had fun! Looks like you loved it.

Banana boats are awesome! I haven't had one for quite some time. They are awesome!