Monday, December 16, 2013

Pura Vida! - Part 3

Monteverde Continued...

So now we're on to the best part about our adventures in the "Cloud Forest!"  Our next, and final, stop was the Zipline Canopy Tour!!  Seriously. So. Much. Fun.

The tour included a series of 15 ziplines (the longest being 1 km long!!) that took us flying through the forest!

Little Brielle and Parker even got to come on this adventure (they rode with their moms) and they loved it!

Helmeted and harnessed... ready to fly!


The crew


Ziplining through the trees




This is the view of the longest segment (1 km long).  It was an amazing experience soaring over the tree tops through the clouds for such a long time!!  The view was breathtaking!



They had a surprise waiting for us at the end of the zipline tour... what they call "The Tarzan Swing."  Pretty much you climb to the top of a really tall tower, get hooked up to the swing, and before you can change your mind, they push you off.

Please enjoy the next series of pictures.... :)  
(in order to fully enjoy, click to enlarge!)

Those who know Jeff, also know that he's terrified (seriously...) of heights - yes, yes ironic I know since he spends much of his life thousands of feet in the air :).  So you can imagine how shocked I was  when he willingly participated in this activity!  He went first so he wouldn't have a chance to chicken out ha ha, but he did it and I was SO proud of him :)

And this is how much he enjoyed it.... ha!




My turn.... They told me to step up to the edge, but I started freaking out.  They didn't even wait for me to get there... they just pushed me off!  Ha ha!  Talk about terrifying!  (as you can see from my face ha)

Sheer terror!




Phew, I survived!

We got pictures of everyone else as well and they are all pretty darn hilarious - though I didn't think they would appreciate me posted them on the internet ha.  Some are more hilarious then others :)  But seriously, whenever I'm in need of a pick-me-up, I just look at all those pictures and I can't help but laugh out loud ha ha!  Good times.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I'm laughing out loud at those pics!