Tuesday, April 29, 2014

The Final Countdown...


Well... here we are at nearly 39 weeks (I'll be 39 on Thursday!).... less than 1 1/2 weeks to go!  YAY!!!  

It's so crazy - SO Crazy - that we have finally reached the end, and that really any day now we could be snuggling our baby girl!  We are so darn excited that we can hardly contain ourselves and I'm having a very difficult time being patient.  We are so ready for her to arrive!

She has definitely run out of room in there, and I don't really know what's normal, but she seems pretty darn wiggly to me.  Jeff LOVES to sit and watch my tummy roll and wiggle, with tiny body parts constantly popping out here and there ha ha.  It's really quite the incredible and crazy sight to see!  Like straight out of a Sci-Fi movie really ha.  

I have been feeling pretty darn good considering being 38 weeks pregnant... though of course I am getting more uncomfortable.  Having more contractions, which still aren't painful, though of course are not very comfortable.  Moving, bending over, rolling over in bed, getting in and out of the car... are all simple tasks that can be quite the challenge these days ha.  I don't particularly enjoy the acid reflux/heartburn (tums have become my new best friend), nor the occasional swollen feet/ankles.  The bizzare-o dreams are actually kinda' funny to retell to Jeff and laugh at the craziness that they are :)

Despite all these less than pleasant symptoms that come along with pregnancy, seriously... I have actually quite enjoyed it.  Sure none of those things are fun to experience, but to me it's all worth it to be a part of such an incredible miracle.  I'm so grateful to have the opportunity to experience pregnancy and to be a mother!  (very soon :) 

No comments: