Friday, April 17, 2009

It's A Great Day To Be Alive

Man this has been a great week!! Wednesday was a particularly good day. I went to almost all of my classes :), took a trip to the gym, got one step closer to figuring out my life, went to the temple, registered for next semester, and well, I was just in the best mood! I was so happy that not even the SNOW bothered me... which is quite surprising. I made some comment about the snow being pretty and my roommate just stared at me dumbfounded... ha ha yeah it was that Great of a day!

I was a little stressed out when I heard that registration was this week. I do not want to have to think about next semester yet! I only want to think about this one ending! It is especially frustrating for me because I can not figure what I want to major in. I'm pretty close to having all my generals done already and I just really have no clue about what classes I should take. I went and talked to an advisor who was SO extremely helpful! I feel much much better now and she suggested some classes for me to take next semester. I registered that night and now feel slightly excited/slightly unsure for next semester. It will definitely be a lot more difficult than this semester has been. I'm taking a photography class which I'm excited for, but it's twice a week from 4-7... which sounds pretty awful to me... but oh well it will be worth it, hopefully.

The temple was really good too. Going to the temple more often is one thing mentioned a lot in Conference that I felt guilty about and decided I need to do better on. Ha and the old people there are so cute! I was sitting there with my roommate waiting to go into the confirmation room and this old man walked up behind me and said "It looks like you have diamonds in your hair!" because my hair was wet from the snow outside. Ha ha they are so cute and friendly!

I also was looking at the calendar this week and was in shock to realize that next week is the last week of school!! And then one week of finals, then my Freshman year is OVER! WOW! I couldn't believe how fast this year has come and gone! I have been getting really excited for summer to come because I will be done with school, working, going on fun vacations and eating my mom's REAL food, but now that it's basically here I'm feeling a little sad. I'm going to miss seeing my roommates everyday and laughing with them. The summer will be fun however. I'm excited to go back to work and actually have an income again, and I have many fun adventures planned that I'm quite excited about! And before I know it... I will be back in Logan starting my sophomore year. Can't Wait!!

2 comments:

Katie said...

So did you decide on a major or just find some classes to take?

I'm glad you went to the temple....that's something that really hit me during conference, too. I need to do better. I was remembering when I was single and living in Provo and my roommate and I would go do baptisms every other weekend. I miss how easy it was to walk out the door to the temple any time I wanted. You've got to do it while you can because it gets so much more complicated down the road.

Going home for the summer was always so mixed emotion for me. Saying good bye to roommates and not having them there constantly is so sad. But there are good parts to being home and having it be summer, too (like seeing your cute niece more...maybe you should come be my babysitter) and like you said, it will go really fast and you'll be back up there before you know it. I am in shock that you're almost done with your freshman year. You make me feel old. Ha! :)

Sorry. that was a novel of a comment. :)

Jessica Wegner said...

No I haven't decided on a major yet... but I'm much closer! Yeah I should definitely take advantage of being free to go to temple whenever I want right now haha. YES! I will definitely come down and play and babysit my adorable niece! And especially if mike and Maridee move down there I will for sure have to make occasional trips! haha I'm in shock too! It's so weird I can't believe it.