Saturday, May 26, 2012

A Trip Down Memory Lane

Going through old stuff in my room is always a joy and fills my mind with fond memories.  My mom has been hassling me to pack up my old room so that they can actually use it for something else... Yes 4 years after moving out (plus getting married) I still have my mark and claim on my room in my parents basement.  This task has been procrastinated for two reasons.

One:  It's simply a very large and daunting task that I have been dreading and therefore avoiding.
  
Two:  It's kind of sad to give up that part of me and my life.  I loved that room and it was a big part of my younger years.  

Anyway, now that my parents are off having the time of their lives on a cruise ship in Alaska, and I'm home here with Matt for a few days I have decided to take on the beastly task.  My goal is to organize and box up everything... however it currently looks like a giant mess... When Jeff got down here on Thursday he walked in and said: "Wow.  Are you actually moving out or moving in?" Everything is currently out of the boxes that they were in, in my efforts to organize.... Yeah, we'll see how it goes. 


Although this picture is quite deceiving, I promise that everything is actually mostly organized here... ha ha

It's just fun to look back on the life I've had (particularly the younger years, because that always brings the most entertainment) and think about what a good life I've had and how blessed I have been!  I'm so grateful for the friends I had growing up and what they taught me.  I'm also very grateful for my amazing family and parents for all the memories, many good laughs, and life lessons taught.  It also makes me look forward to Jeff and I's future and having our own little family.  Can't wait to see what great memories that we will be creating in the future.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

hahaha I love this room! So many good memories!