Friday, November 14, 2008

Office Party

       Ok so yesterday was pretty eventful.  Every Thursday there is a Hurd dinner and coach's show (the Hurd is basically the spirit club here) and they usually give us pretty good food so we went and stood in line for a half hour just to find one tiny slice of little ceasar's pizza at the end of the line... and that's ALL!  We were all way disappointed but oh well.  Our friend Todd who lives downstairs had an Office/"Dark side of the Moon" set to Wizard of Oz (or something like that) party.  Last week he had a similar party but we watched Snow White set to Beatles music and I made Strawberry Shortcake to go along the beatles theme (We called it the strawberry fields forever cake :).  So this week I made lemon bars, but I hadn't made them for a really long time so they didn't quite turn out how I had imagined but everyone still loved them so it's all good.  Anyway so we were all just hanging out down in their apartment and our friend Shawn got a call from some random number asking about his van being for sale.  He was so confused and all of these people kept calling and calling... We figured out that someone had put his van up on KSL.com for FREE!!  Haha it was pretty hilarious!!  

    After tons and tons of texts, calls, and voicemales the guilty one called and confessed because he felt bad.  It was so sad because someone text him and said that her husband just had a stroke and they really needed it for transportation and Shawn is such a nice boy that he was ready to give up his van for real!!  

    Also last night at midnight was the Freshman's turn to start registering for classes next semester, so i got on at like 12:03 and the system was already down.  The banner has been having so many problems this week.  It has been crashing like crazy and frustrating everyone.  I stayed up and it finally let me in at one and I was able to get into all of the classes I wanted.  So far I'm signed up for Family Finance, Marriage and Family Relationships, Physical Geography, and Career and Life Planning (which will hopefully help me figure out a what I want to major in).  Then today I was talking to my roommates and me and my cousin Jen discovered that we have two classes together which totally wasn't even planned!!  My other two classes I found out I have with the other Jenni :)  Haha I'm so excited now!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Everyone who goes to college should have to take a finance class, if you ask me! I took a money management class at Ricks and loved it...so way to go on that class choice! Good luck getting all the classes you want.

Curtis Crew said...

SWEET bakcground I think you have killer taste, and I hope you don't mind me snooping on your blog;) loves!