Sunday, November 23, 2008

Tie Date

So on Thursday night our dear friend Allen hooked us up with some chocolate milk from Lee's that i guess they could not sell or something like that... anyway so we (Jess, Shawn, and I) were just happily drinking our chocolate milk when suddenly Jess got a little bit too excited about something and hit Shawn with a very large pillow, spilling his cup of milk ALL over him!!  Haha it was everywhere!  Shawn was a good sport though and luckily the jacket was saved after a having a little shout fight... sorry this picture doesn't really show how bad it really was.
 

So in our ward we had a little activity called a "Tie Date."  Each guy put in a tie (actually two ties since we have twice as many girls than guys), then all of us girls went and picked a random tie.  They told us who the tie belonged too and we had to do three nice things secretly for this person throughout the week and then they took us on a date.  The guys didn't find out who had their tie until the date. 

Me and my roommate Jenni picked a tie that the date was at the same time so we could be together.  So on Saturday morning we showed up at their doorstep then they took us up on campus and we played Frisbee golf which is way fun!  I've never played before and I wasn't very good but it was still a lot of fun.  Then we went to Casper's and ate some delicious ice cream.  I had a lot of fun so it was just great!


Jess wasn't in our same group but her date was at the same time as ours was, so here she is wearing her date's tie... well at least trying too :)


Just look at our amazing tie tying skills!!  The Internet is so great!  You can learn so many things haha!  It took us ten minutes just to tie the half Windsor knot... but don't they look so great?!

After the Tie Date I went downstairs to watch the football game.... ugh, SO frustrating... I don't know what was wrong with Max Hall but he was literally throwing the game to Utah.  Anyway, usually I would be way upset about it, because I really like football and I get extremely and emotionally involved, but this year it didn't bother me as much... I guess it's just because now I'm an AGGIE!!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I was VERY frustrated during the 2nd half of the game, but then once it was over I oddly didn't care much either! I kind just thought whatever...you can't win the big rivalry game every year and we had won the last two, so it's about our turn to lose. A big part of it being a big rivalry is the fact that the teams are closely matched...of the last 10 games we've each won 5. So we have to take our turn having losing years, I guess. Meanwhile, now Utah can go to BCS bowl and bring back lots of money to share with us if they win. And then....just wait for revenge next year! It will be sweet! :)