Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Break

My Christmas break has been just wonderful!!  It's been fun to get together with all my girlfriends from high school and hang out like back in the day.  Three of them still live at home but Jessica goes to BYU and I'm here in Logan.  I went back to work at Dick's Market as a Service Desk Clerk/Cashier, while I was home for two weeks, which was surprisingly fun!  I didn't realize that I actually missed working until I worked again, and the extra money will be helpful!  So other than working this break and playing with my best friends, I read a lot.  I LOVE to read but I never really have time during school so I was reading non stop for most of the break.  

I had to work a 9 hour shift on Christmas Eve starting at 7 in the morning and ending at 4... oh man I was exhausted!!  Luckily it wasn't crazy busy and we had all eleven checkstands open which helped a ton, but I was still way worn out.  That night my family was doing our traditional Christmas Eve activities and I sadly was sleeping on and off on the couch...  Every year for X-mas Eve my dad reads us a christmas story and we open one present.  It was fun because my sister and brother-in-law and little niece Alexis came and stayed overnight.  Little Lexie is SO cute and it was so fun to have her around!  Especially on Christmas morning opening all of her presents.  She got some pretty big fun toys which filled our living room haha.  My Christmas presents consisted of a coat, warm fuzzy slippers, long johns and a couple long sleeve shirts... haha everything I need to live in crazy cold Logan!   I also got my own duffel bag and some books that I have been reading non stop!

The day after Christmas (Friday) was my friend Maeghan's 19th birthday.  All of us five girls got together and took her out to lunch which was quite interesting... We embarrassed Maeghan by having them sing to her at Applebee's and then shortly after Jessica spilled her entire glass of water onto Julane!  Haha oh man good times!  Us girls should not be aloud out in public when we are together.  Then we went over to Maeghan's house where we played rockband for like 4 hours... I really liked the drums :)  Overall I had a Fantastic Christmas and break at home!  

No comments: