Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving Break

Happy late Thanksgiving to everyone, sorry I'm getting so behind... life has been busy lately.  Ok so I had a super wonderful Thanksgiving break and it was great to be home and have a break from school.  Thanksgiving was delicious of course and it's always good to have REAL food for once :)  I don't get much of that here... oh except for last Tuesday (the day before the break).  Jess owed our dear friend Shawn dinner from losing in a card game and we also turned it into a goodbye feast for him, since he's not coming back next semester (he's going on a mission to Sweden in March!  Yay!!).  Anyway so we went all out and even had a super awesome centerpiece that Jess put together :)  It was delicious!!  

Oh we even had streamers!  Like I said... we went all out!

It was so great to see their reactions when Shawn and his two roommates walked in!  They were so surprised and just loved it!  Brownie points for us :)


After our "Parting Feast" we went to the basketball game against Weber.  It was so frustrating at first because the whole first half we were doing terrible and were behind by about ten points.  But... the second half was a completely different game!  It was a totally turn around and we came back to win by about twenty I think.  It was SO good!!

I always told myself that I would never go out shopping with the crazy people on Black Friday... but Friday morning I found myself at Sear's with my mom at 6:30 in the morning... haha!  It was actually quite fun!  We found some great deals and I got some christmas shopping done.  After Sear's, we went and picked up my sister and stopped by Smith's Marketplace, Khols (twice :) ), Target, and Seagull Book.  It was quite exhausting so I slept in the car for a bit while they continued shopping.  We didn't get home until around one and soon after eating some leftover turkey, I took a nice long nap :)  

I finally saw Twilight also on Friday night.  I LOVED it!!!  There were a few parts that I was trying not to giggle because they were pretty cheesy but it was still great!!  And even though I believe they could've done better with Edward, I will admit he did grow on me.  Well it's great to be back in Logan and now I get to study my brains out for finals next week... yuck.  But oh well, it means that the semester is almost done and Christmas is coming!!!  I LOVE Christmas!!

1 comment:

Katie said...

More like you love it when your wonderful sister does all of your Christmas shopping for you! Ha ha! Glad you enjoyed Twilight!