Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Showshoeing!

On Monday our dear outdoorsy friend Todd took me and my roommate Jess out on our first snowshoeing experience.  It was quite fun, but we only had an hour or so, so it wasn't a very long trip.  We went up Green Canyon and it was SO beautiful up there!  The snow was freshly falling and ah it was just beautiful!!


This is a cave that we hiked... or snowshoed up too I guess :)


Icicles inside the little cave

Jess and Todd

Me and Jess scooted down the steep hill on the back of our snowshoes ha ha!  It was kind of like sledding and we thoroughly enjoyed it.

We got to the top of this little ledge/hill thing and Todd had the great idea to jump off and take action pictures.  So here we are at the top of the ledge getting ready to jump.

Ha ha ha!!  I just love this picture!  Jess jumped and this is the result.... she landed face first in the snow ha ha!!!

My turn!  The first time I only jumped about a foot... ha so I tried it again and did much better.   However when I landed my the second time my feet were trapped in the snow and I was stuck for a few minutes ha ha.

Todd was pretty much pro at this so here's only one of the many pictures we captured of him flying through the air.  Pretty sweet I must say.

1 comment:

Spencer said...

I like your pictures, I think you found your major!! ha ha but really you take great pictures!