Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Antimony Mine

Sorry I have not updated my blog in... well, forever. I got sick for a few days last week and then just got busy working and such. So here's an update on the past week:

Last Monday I took the advantage of my day off to take a trip up to Brigham City to play with my dear roommates Jessica and Jenni. It was so good to be reunited with them and just sit and talk and laugh for hours. That afternoon our friend Todd took us on a hike up to a mine in the mountains just above Harper Ward. He told us that it had been mined for Antimony and guessed that they stopped mining it sometime in the early 1900's. The hike was probably only a little over a mile but man I sure had a hard time getting up the mountain! I must really be out of shape because it didn't even phase Jess and Todd.

At the top of the hill there are remains of a small building that looks out over the valley. Gorgeous View!! Then back a little farther and up the side of the mountain is the entrance to the mine. So COOL!!


Jenni, Jess, and Todd taking a break



So now here's some pictures of the mine:


We went all the way inside the mine, as far as it went, which actually wasn't too far at all. It was way creepy at first and super dark, but so awesome at the same time! I was a little hesitant in the beginning because I've never really ever been inside a cave-like structure (that I can recall) and I tend to feel a little claustrophobic at times... but this was cool and definitely worth it! My roommates got upset with me when I brought up the accident last year when the mine collapsed trapping many miners... I can't imagine why... ;) he he







Well other than my trip up to BC, not much else has happened other than throwing up and working... ha ha and yes they did happen at the same time... but don't worry, I'm better now! So there ya' go. An update on my exciting life.

No comments: