Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Wow... what an eventful day we had. First of all, happy Mothers Day to all those mothers out there (sorry I'm a little late). My Mom is just wonderful and I love her lots! She is an amazing example to me and has me taught me so many things. So in celebration of this day my brother and sister and their families came up. My grandparents were also able to join us, which was a lot of fun! Grandpa is getting old but he's still got his sense of humor. He's always entertaining us with the hilarious things he says. My niece Lexie is our other source of entertainment. She does/says the funniest things! She had a one track mind the entire day, and that was, "Baby?" She was so concerned about her little, almost three month old cousin Taya. She always had to see where the baby was at. However due to an unhappy, possibly sick infant Mike and Maridee left half way through the night.

Grandma and Grandpa Redd, and Dad

My sister has a few Baby Signing Time videos that Lexie loves to watch, so she has been learning all these little signs and it's so cute to watch her do them. One of which is "Bubbles." For an hour or so we all sat outside blowing bubbles, which created quite the mess, but it was fun to watch Lexie.

It started out as me blowing bubbles for her, but somehow turned into her doing it herself. Notice in the picture above how clean her dress is :)


The big boys were blowing BIG bubbles

She had a little bit of a hard time blowing the bubbles at first but she eventually got the hang of it. I wonder if bubbles taste good... Lex sure didn't mind eating a few ha ha.

This was just after she plopped herself down into a puddle of bubbles that had spilled. She officially had bubbles all over her bum, the front of her dress, her hands and arms, and shoes. Man I'm going to have to learn a lot of patience before I become a mom! Every time she dripped bubbles down her dress I would cringe at the sticky mess... My sister just said that eventually you get used to it.

The bubble crew. As you can see the dress finally just came off ha ha

For dessert we had chocolate fondue! Mm mm yum! It was delicious! Then after my mom left to take my grandparents home, those of us that were left played games for a couple hours. We love to play games and it was a ton of fun! Ha ha so we were all just sitting in the kitchen and my brother-in-law was getting Lexie ready to change her diaper... then randomly at the exact same time me and my sister both starting singing "Change a bum, Change a bum..." we stopped and just stared at each other freaked out! The weird thing was, was that it wasn't like it was an actual song we changed the lyrics too... it was just a made up tune that we sang exactly the same!! Ha ha wow it was so freaky! Then about an hour later, my brother was reaching behind him to grab a cinnamon bear. He spun back around and chucked it pretty hard at my face. I saw it coming and quickly opened my mouth not expecting it to go in at all, but then next thing I know it, there's a cinnamon bear in between my teeth. It's hard to explain but it was so weird! It had bounced around inside my mouth then came half way back out. It was funny because everyone else heard this sound, looked up and out of nowhere there is a bear caught in my teeth. Ha ha I caught a speeding cinnamon bear in my teeth! Ha ha well what a fun and exciting day!

No comments: