Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Goodbye Logan

Well... my Freshman year is officially over :(. I am all moved home (not completely unpacked yet), and already extremely missing my roommates, friends, and Logan. Last Saturday morning we all woke up early and spent hours cleaning our apartment. It took forever because we had to pull out our fridge and oven and clean underneath... oh it was gross. My parents came up to take home some of my stuff and stayed for a little bit to help clean. My Mom's cleaning tips were quite helpful to all of us young inexperienced cleaners. Once all the dirty work was done it was time to say Goodbye... This was a lot harder than I was expecting. After many long hugs, promises to call often, and prolonged goodbyes, I finally got in my car and drove away. As I was driving home I couldn't help but feel overwhelmingly sad. I am really going to miss seeing my roommates everyday, staying up late talking, and doing crazy spontaneous things... but then I began to reflect upon all the fun adventures we had this last year. I realized that I had an amazing year filled with many new friendships and experiences, spiritual and emotional growth, new perspectives on life, and hours upon hours of laughter. I wouldn't trade this last year for anything and I am so grateful for the experiences I've had and the friendships I've developed.

Although I have been mostly sad to leave Logan, it will be a nice change to be at home closer to my family and old friends, and eat real food once again :). I have lots of fun things planned for this summer and I'm even a little bit excited to go back to work and earn some money. However despite all of those things, I'm glad that the summer lasts only a few months. I'm so excited to move back to Logan in the Fall, and find out what new memories and adventures lie waiting for me next year!!

Goodbye Logan...

1 comment:

Katie said...

This post made me cry. It just brought back so many memories and emotions from saying good-bye and leaving Rexburg after my first year. You will cherish this last year's worth of memories and experiences and friendships forever. I still look back and nothing can quite beat the freshman year. It's one point in my life that I'd go back to (just for a short visit, not permanently :) ) in a heart beat!! I'm glad it was as good of an experience for you as it was for me.